Reports to: Events and Training Manager
Start Date: Monday 30 October 2017 (provisional date and would welcome candidates who can start earlier)
Closing date: 22 September 2017
The Industry and Parliament Trust (IPT) is an independent, non-lobbying, non-partisan charity that provides a trusted platform of engagement between Parliament and UK business. The IPT is dually supported by cross-party representation of senior parliamentarians on its Board of Trustees, and through the patronage of its industry supporters. The IPT is non-party political and works with all parliamentarians and businesses of any sector or size.
Support the Events and Training Manager in the planning, administration and delivery of IPT Policy Events programme.
- Support the Events Team in event delivery by compiling marketing lists, tracking invitation responses and producing security letters and briefing notes for events
- Manage invitation responses and liaise with the attendees as necessary
- Liaise with Chairs and Speakers for events to ensure they have received all necessary information
- Ensure all event materials are accurate and prepared on time for all events, such as agendas, booklets and badges
- On the day assistance, including preparing room, greeting guests, liaison with banqueting department
- Taking notes and writing blog posts for events
- Ensure data from events is accurately entered onto the CRM system and post-event procedures are followed
- Liaise with the Communications Team ensure the website is to kept up to date, swiftly communicating chair or speaker changes
- Support the Events and Training Manager to design events as per business need
- Work collaboratively with the Business Relations Manager in retaining supporting organisations and building new relationships with potential supporters through the management of events
- Other assistance within the Events Team and the IPT office as required, on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and juggle a busy workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to represent at a very senior level, with excellent selling and organisational skills
- Knowledge of current affairs, Parliament and UK business
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with establishing and maintaining administrative systems (such as event RSVP lists)
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office package
- Confident working with people in positions of power
- Willing to work evenings and early mornings as per business needs (with time off in lieu to compensate)
- Understanding of database/CRM management
- Experience of event organisation and delivery
Please note that Parliamentary security clearance will be required for this post.
Please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position and any relevant experience to Georgina Nicolettos, Events and Training Manager: GeorginaNicolettos@ipt.org.uk.