Events and Training Officer
Reports to: Events and Training Manager
Start Date: Monday 18 September 2017
Closing date: Friday 07 July
Support the Events and Training Manager and the Training Coordinator in the planning, administration and delivery of both the IPT Policy Events programme and Training Programme.
- Support the Events Team in event delivery by compiling marketing lists, tracking invitation responses and producing security letters and briefing notes for events
- Manage invitation responses and liaise with the attendees as necessary
- Liaise with Chairs and Speakers for events to ensure they have received all necessary information
- Ensure all event materials are accurate and prepared on time for all events, such as agendas, booklets and badges
- On the day assistance, including preparing room, greeting guests, liaison with banqueting departmentTaking notes and writing blog posts for events
- Ensure data from events is accurately entered onto the CRM system and post-event procedures are followed
- Support the Training Coordinator in management of around 20% of the training programme
- Liaise with training facilitators and primary contacts to co-ordinating IPT training seminars
- Liaise with the Communications Team ensure the website is to kept up to date, swiftly communicating chair or speaker change
- Support the Events and Training Manager to design events as per business need
- Work collaboratively with the Business Relations Manager in retaining supporting organisations and building new relationships with potential supporters through the management of event
- Other assistance within the Events Team and the IPT office as required, on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and juggle a busy workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to represent at a very senior level, with excellent selling and organisational skills
- Interest in/ knowledge of current affairs, parliament and UK business
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with establishing and maintaining administrative systems (such as event RSVP lists)
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office package
- Confident working with people in positions of power
- Willing to work evenings and early mornings as per business needs (with time off in lieu to compensate)
- Experience with databases
- Experience of event organisation and delivery
Please note that Parliamentary security clearance will be required for this post.
Full description available here.